A power kite or traction kite is a large kite designed to provide significant pull. They come in two main forms: foils and leading edge inflatables. There are also rigid-framed kites and soft single skin kites. There are several different control systems used with these kites which have two to five lines and a bar or handles.
Power kites are generally used in conjunction with a vehicle or board, such as in
* kite surfing on a kiteboard
* kite buggying on a purpose-built 3-wheeled cart
* snow kiting on skis or snowboards
* kiteboarding on an all Terrain Board/Mountainboard/Landboard
* kite jumping, using a harnessed power kite for jumping above the ground