A power kite or traction kite is a large kite designed to provide significant pull. They come in two main forms: foils and leading edge inflatables. There are also rigid-framed kites and soft single skin kites. There are several different control systems used with these kites which have two to five lines and a bar or handles.
Power kites are generally used in conjunction with a vehicle or board, such as in
* kite surfing on a kiteboard
* kite buggying on a purpose-built 3-wheeled cart
* snow kiting on skis or snowboards
* kiteboarding on an all Terrain Board/Mountainboard/Landboard
* kite jumping, using a harnessed power kite for jumping above the ground
Kite buggying and other traction kite activities can be classified as extreme sports. Wind is the only power source and is often very unpredictable. An attitude of caution and respect towards the wind is essential, for the novice just as well as the advanced pilot.
The Imp Quattro offers the flyer the perfect start into the world of kiting, once kite control has been mastered, the kite will always serve as a perfect beach toy and a start into power kiting for friends and family.